Now that the temple construction is finished, we’d like to resume offering babysitting for specific services.
Our intention is to have a consistent babysitter that children will come to recognize and trust, with occasional help from volunteer sitters. This babysitting option might enable children to go to the babysitting area when the service gets too long for them. Babies in diapers have been permitted in the past, but the parents are contacted if a change of diapers is required.
We will not provide babysitting during Tot Shabbat or during No Shush Shabbat, as we encourage youngsters to be in the sanctuary for these services.
Based on the content of the service, the dates our babysitter will be available are as follows:
- Friday, December 3 at 7:15 pm ~ Hanukah Service
- Saturday, January 15 at 10:30 am ~ Community Shabbat - Tikkun Olam
- Friday, January 28 at 8 pm ~ Three Generation Service – Synaplex Program
- Friday, February 18 at 8 pm ~ Choir Service
- Saturday, February 26 at 10:30 am ~ Community Shabbat – Jewish Arts
- Friday, March 11 at 8 pm ~ Shabbat 2.0 (Special Musical Service)
- Saturday, March 26 at 10:30 am ~ Community Shabbat with the Choir
- Friday, April 8 at 8 pm ~ Shabbat 2.0 (Special Musical Service)
- Friday, May 20 at 8 pm ~ Volunteer Recognition
- Sunday, May 22 at 9:45 am ~ Congregational Meeting
The charge for the babysitting will be $10 per child per session. We will accept RSVP’s until the previous Thursday at 5 pm. If no one has signed up by then we will pay the babysitter a reduced fee and cancel.
Please feel free to be in touch with input to our babysitting program. Mark Allen, our Ritual Chair, , or Rabbi Aron, , would be glad to hear from you.
Please RSVP to or (408) 358-1751 x5 by 5 pm, the Thursday before each service. Or sign up for multiple services at once.
Please use the registration form (PDF) and mail with payment to CSH, 20 Cherry Blossom Ln, Los Gatos 95032.